Monday, June 30, 2008

getting ready

June 30, 2008
One week until I leave for England! The Women in Leadership Conference at Ripon College in Cuddesdon (near Oxford) begins July 8 and runs through July 11. Then I am transported to the Diocese of Hereford on the Welsh border until July 15. The Dioceses of the Church of England have undertaken to host the visiting bishops to give us a chance to see something about life in their dioceses. Then I travel to Kent and get settled in the residence where I will llive for the rest of the Lambeth Conference. The first event I will attend is a preparation session for the Bible STudy leaders as I will be one of the Bible Study Facilitators. The Gospel of John and the "I am" sayings will be the focus.

I am looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones. I will be attending the gathering on the Misions to Seafarers around the world, the Inter Anglican Women's Network and a gathering about Theological Education as part of the so called "Fringe Events"!

No comments: