Today marked the start of a series of “regular working days”. Morning Prayer began at 7am and was followed by Holy Eucharist. The Celebrant was Thabo Makoba the Primate of Southern Africa, so we had a Eucharistic Prayer from
There was a prayer at the end of the Bible Study.
“God of passion and power,
Insistent and immediate,
Challenging, compelling us with your story’s breathless beginning,
Walk with us into the wilderness
To hear your voice where silence reigns.
Give us insight, the wisdom beyond all seeing.
So may we look upon heavens torn open
And know that the time of good news for all creation
Is always now.”
Following Bible Study, we had a plenary presentation on An Anglican Covenant. Retired Archbishop Drexel Gomez made a very clear presentation on how the Covenant idea came to be and how the Covenant Design Group has worked through several drafts to arrive at the current Ridley Cambridge draft. (www.anglicancommunion.org) that was followed by a discussion in our discernment group where many questions, as well as positive comments, were received.
After lunch, we had two opportunities to learn more about the work of the Anglican Networks. I chose the Inter Anglican Youth Network first. I learned that our very part-time national youth networker is not on their list! How can that be!? People in many parts of the world are interested to learn more about Ask & Imagine. The Diocese of Recife in
After Tea, I attended the Anglican Refugee and Migrants Network presentation. I heard about millions of refugees stranded in various parts of
So what is your Good news Story about Jesus of Nazareth?
I pray that your week will go well.
+Sue
No comments:
Post a Comment