The day began with monring prayer in the Cuddesdon village church. After breakfast we again studied 2 Corinthians. This time 2 Cor. 5:14b to 21. Dr. Gooder's approach to Paul is certainly engaging! What if Paul's new creation is a world reconciled? A good thought heading into Lambeth.
Below is Dr. Gooder's poem for the mediatation.
Behold new creation
God begins againthe patient task of shaping things into life
Behold new creation
The new creation springs forth, governed,
not by barriers but by freedom,
not by separation but by unity,
not in alienation but in realtionship.
Behold new creation
And we are called to be co creators,
Carefully crafting
Faithfully proclaiming
Joyfully encouraging
all people into realtionship with each other and with God
Behold, new creation
On behalf of Christ we beg you - be reconciled
The closing reflection tied up the pieces of the conference using the image of the veil - the veil over Moses' face, the veil in 2 Cor., the veils that people use to hide themselves, the veils that have to be removed when speaking face to face.
The conference ended with the Eucharist: presider and preacher, The Most Rev'd Katherine Jefferts Schori. I hope that her semon is posted on the Episcopal Church web site.
So now I am in Hereford Diocese staying with one of the clergy and his wife, Sue! You can learn more about Hereford Cathedral where I will be preaching on Sunday at http://www.herefordcathedral.org . The study in which I am working looks out at the Black Mountains which form the border between Wales and England. It is truly lovely seeing those mountains through a window framed in gorgeous roses!
Trivia: Did you know that on a British computer the @ and the # are located in a different place?
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should try the keyboards in Paris! Can't find a thing!
Thank you for sharing all this with us. Even your brief explanations of the meditations give a lot to think about.
I hope you get a chance to do your own thing a bit. Sounds like you are pretty busy, but if you have some free time, I'm sure my brother, Fred, would be happy to meet you.
Many blessings!
Post a Comment