Today was moving day! I left Hereford this morning and traveled across England to Canterbury by coach (bus). We traveled through one area that had red soil and the fields were planted with potatoes! For a moment I thought I was back in the diocese!
After a five hour trip we arrived at Kent University - a very large campus with lane ways too small for the coach to turn around! The driver did a masterful job of backing out of a very curved lane way. Registration was a bit complex as with most international gatherings. I am living in Darwin House - a recently upgraded complex that is quite fine. Walking across to supper I found a spot where I could look out over Canterbury which is a 20 minute walk away and downhill from the university. It is really amazing to me to be looking at the real Canterbury Cathedral. I am going to walk there tomorrow when there is the only free time I can see in the agenda.
Tonight was the introduction to the Bible Study process and the Indaba group process. I will be a faciltator for a Bible Study group of eight bishops, a very daunting prospect. Tonight I met some of the others: Dennis from Mozambique, Todd from Madagascar, John from New Zealand,Robert from Jamaica. Tomorrow there is another training session so we know the method of the study.
It's an early night for me. The opening session begins at 8pm tomorrow night!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bishop Sue,
Thank you for this great blog site. It's been very informative and the web sites help us to see what you've been talking about.
We've been following the BBC news and listening to the comments by the members of the C of E regarding the ordination of women as Bishops. Some of the comments by the male priests leave us scratching our heads.
Every blessing to you as you engage in the work of Lambeth. I'll copy the blog and put it on the bulletin board at church so others who don't have a computer can share in your news.
Gloria
Post a Comment